Skip to content
WAAS Events: Record of Activity
- 2020 The Bureau for the Validation of Art in the Social Art Library and ‘From Network to Meshwork: Models for Validation‘ (Axisweb)
- Postponed until June 2021 due to COVID 19 pandemic: A Visit by the Officials from the Bureau for the Validation of Art – Offbeat Festival, Old Fire Station Oxford
- May 2020: A Visit by the Officials from the Bureau for the Validation of Art – Grace Exhibition Space, New York – Live Performance from Stroud to NYC
- The Baby Makers – Oct-Nov 2019 Supported by Midcounties Cooperative, Homestart and NHS Midwives, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire
- Kickstarter x Social Art Network Mentoring program 2019 – Activating Women’s Art
- Social Works? Live, Manchester, 26 April 2019 – The Bureau for the Validation of Art performed 3 Validations as part of this Axisweb event.
- Art Licks, London, 2018 – The Bureau for the Validation of Art performed 11 art validations
- For Mother’s Day on Sunday 26 March 2017 the WAAS was at Atelier with a day of arty crafty fun, expression and stimulation for mothers. Women sewed respect into their knickers, made a MotherBunting and learnt to Crochet with Croshare. There was inspiration/consolation in the afternoon with a screening of ‘Lost in Living’ – a documentary film about mother-artists. Celebrating MotherBunting Mother’s Day.
- To celebrate International Women’s Day on Wednesday 8 March 2017, we hosted the Inaugural Stroud Wikithon at Atelier Textile &
Craft Club in Stroud. This was an Art + Feminism event. We ran it again in 2018.
- We also hosted a Symposium ‘It Takes A Village’ – how can mother-artists be sustained? Covered by a-n in 2017
- We supported Jill MacKeith to launch ‘Motherhood & Metamorphosis’, a group show at the Lansdown Gallery, Stroud